Versant Vision’s principal, Dr Christine Negra, has over 25 years of experience as an extension agent, a researcher, and a program director, collaborating with development, research, and finance organizations to bring science into policies and markets.
A recognized international agriculture consultant with experience in 27 countries, Christine specializes in climate change, sustainable agriculture, and integrated landscape management. With more than 30 publications related to technical, policy, and market dimensions of sustainability, Christine advances inter-disciplinary science through professional involvements with major research centers. She is valued for facilitating meetings that surpass expectations and she delivers high-impact presentations at scientific conferences, international policy meetings, and invited workshops in Africa, Asia, Europe, and North and Central America. She holds a Ph.D. in Soil Chemistry and an M.S. in Natural Resources Planning from the University of Vermont and a B.A. in Government Studies from Wesleyan University. She speaks fluent English and basic Swedish and French.
Specific accomplishments include:
- Development of Land Use and Marine sectoral eligibility criteria for green bond certification through the Climate Bonds Initiative.
- Scientific coordination and communication for the 2016 International Year of Pulses emphasizing crop productivity and sustainability.
- Strategic leadership as Research Director for EcoAgriculture Partners and delivery of integrated landscape management projects with the International Finance Corporation, the World Bank, the Dutch Sustainable Trade Initiative, and the World Agroforestry Center.
- Policy communication with target audiences linked to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change, the Rio+20 Earth Summit, and the G-20 with CGIAR’s Climate Change, Agriculture, and Food Security program.
- Directing the climate change mitigation program and leading multi-sector teams to design ecological indicators with the H. John Heinz III Center for Science, Economics and the Environment.
- High-energy meeting facilitation including a Rockefeller Bellagio Center workshop and events convened by the Global Pulse Confederation, the Stanley Foundation, the World Bank, the World Agroforestry Center, Oak Ridge National Labs, the US Environmental Protection Agency, and the US Bureau of Land Management.